Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Extortion

My Dearest Love,

OK, it's time you came to me in a dream and explain exactly what you talked about with your sister, B.

She was here today to go over some business stuff and I could tell that she was wanting to ask about her previous request that I gift her boys with some money. I finally brought it up and said that you and I had talked extensively about what your wishes were and what I should do after you left for your long vacation. I recall many things that you talked about and one in particular. You wanted me to give your brother, the one who was the donor for your last two stem cell transplants, a gift of money. I promised that I would. And, I did. But I don't ever remember hearing you say that I should do the same for anyone else.

Not according to your sister. She says that you and she talked many times about how you were going to take care of her, about how much she gave up to do all the things she did for our family, how she raised our children (never mind that we paid her for the childcare), how she couldn't provide for her own family because she was so devoted to us. Is any of this ringing a bell? I need to know, because there is no ringing in my head (if you ignore the tinnitus).

I told her as much and then things got very teary and wailey. She just can't believe that I would treat her this way.

So you need to visit me and set me straight (if I'm crooked). Wish you were here.

1 Comments:

Blogger tm said...

I never read here with dry eyes.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home