Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hope?

My Dearest Love,

Your sisters called me yesterday. Separately. It was nice.

The first was your youngest sister, the one that seemed to be the hardest case. She espressed concern and willingness to help in any way she could. Later that night, I had a similar conversation with your other sister.

To hear from them was nice. I am hesitant to embrace it without reservation though. All that has transpired has left me feeling wounded and suspicious. Still, it was something that they did not have to do, and yet they reached out. A good sign.

I had lunch with one of your best, and wisest friends last Monday. I had some weighty matters on my mind and I sought her counsel. As hoped, what she said was thoughful and beneficial. She cautioned me regarding my intentions having to do with my will, and other matters of a legal nature. After hearing what was on my mind and what I was considering, she told me that she was going to give me a little "push back" on some of it and said that she thought there might be a bit of "spite" involved in what I was thinking.

After thinking about that for a bit, I had to admit that she was probably right. I have been very hurt by the recent events and it has had an impact on my plans for my estate. She asked me if what I was doing was focusing on what was best for our children, or whether my personal feelings had taken the lead. She advised me to take some time and consider these things. She also asked me to think of what the worst case scenario might me and how that would affect our children. I promised her that I would.

It is for counsel like this that I turn repeatedly to some of your closest friends and advisers. Though you are no longer able to converse with me as we once did, your compatriots are, on occasion willing to give me their thoughts, for which I am very grateful.

Yours for ever,

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home