Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Dearest Love,

As I write this, the piano tuner is working over your old Everett. It was sadly out of tune. Kind of like me. I wish there was a soul tuner who could come and put my heart strings back in harmony.

Last night, Pat and Dave came over for dinner. We had Rocket Chicken, but made the mistake of using a shitty lager for the beer fuel and it imparted a cheap taste to the bird. It was still very good however. We grilled some broccolli to go with it and Pat and I made all three children (includeing Dave) eat some. We dined on the deck with the hummingbirds and tree frogs for company.

I am having a bit of a gout flareup and have taken two of the evil green pills this morning. Consequently, I am floating through the uncomfortable mental spaciness that these pills alwasy bring on. I know it is there and just have to be careful not to make any major decisions without careful consideration.

Speaking of major decisions, I called my prospective employer yesterday and told them I could not take the position that they had offered. I told them I needed more time to work through the issues related to your death and that I needed to wait until the children went back to school in the fall. I told them that I did not expect them to hold the job for me - that to do so would be unfair to them.

They were very gracious and understanding. I just hope that I have not permanently burned any bridges.

I bought Kate a plane ticket to the family reunion over the Fourth. The airline took my purchase, but did not show any available seats (didn't get to see that until after the transaction went through). The flights are the same as the ones my parents and brother will be on so she will have travel companions.

In closing, I wanted to share with you two blog entries from our son. Here they are:

Monday, June 5:

doot doot doot. lifes life.

Monday, June 19:

you know, life is like the mississippi river, at the beginning, its small and unimportant, but by the end, its huge and powerful, dont you think?

yeah

so i havent really done much....



So much hope and promise.

I miss you.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home