Friday, June 02, 2006

Dearest Love,

I miss you. I feel as though a huge and vital part of me has been taken out. The void leaves me gasping for air, clouding up around the eyes, and wondering how I can possibly live without you.

Your family has been over just about every night, helping the healing process, though "Little Steven" is far from soothing. Pam came down when she'd heard you passed and is staying for a few more days.

The carpet was cleaned today and you would be happy with the way it looks though I am worried about Kate's room because I told her she could finally have her sleepover and there will be nine girls in there tonight with much trapsing in and out of the patio door. Maybe I can lay down a plastic sheet or something.

So far, both kids seem to be doing OK. Kate has even talked to me a couple of times about it. Joe is happily manipulating every Aunt he can to get maximum favors and treats. He is the one I worry about.

Doug and Mari sent two huge beautiful flower arrangements that are now on the dining room table and the living room couch table. It's a good thing you are not here to smell the mix of scents.

I cleaned all of the pills off the bathroom counters and placed the vase of flowers that Mary brought over on the counter under the window. Another thing you would disapprove of.

I have not yet had the courage to tackle the medical bills and mailings. Perhaps tomorrow.

I made all the calls on the list you left me. It took me until this morning to finish up because I kept breaking down with every call. The obit got written just as you wanted and will run in both metro papers this weekend as well as in the Duluth paper. The memorial lunch is set for the 24th of this month at the restaurant as you wished. It will be very entertaining to watch Pat negotiate with Doug over the details.

It's funny how I can be going along just fine and suddenly I feel like I have a twenty pound boulder sitting inside my chest and my eyes start to leak. That just happened again.

This letter is the first of many, I hope. I need to talk to you and ask for your advise just as I did before you left.

I am going to go now. I love you and miss you. I will try to live as you would have liked.

Your love,

P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home