Tuesday, June 06, 2006

June 6, 2006

Dearest Love,

Today was a beautiful day. The sky was blue. The sun was shining. The air was warm and fragrant with the scents of spring wildflowers. I thought of you and wondered if you knew.

I ran errands in the morning, dropping a form off at school that Kate forgot to take with her. Then on to the N.O. offices to drop off three large trays that originally came laden with food the day you died. We talked for a while about the upcoming lunch and how we will have to put a tent up in the parking lot to handle all of the people.

When you said that you wanted to have a memorial gathering at the restaurant I thought that it would be too small to contain all of the people who will come. Others agree.

The eastern metro paper did a very nice expanded obit article on you. They quoted some of your past partners in the two firms here in the cities. It was very nice and tasteful. You would have been pleased, but embarrassed I am sure, over all of the fuss.

Doug hit town tonight and wants to meet with Pat and myself on Thursday to go over plans. He already has a bag full of ideas and it will be hard to keep reined in.

I am able to get through the days pretty well without falling into emotional potholes as long as I don't have to talk to anyone about you. So, when I am by myself in the house, I can concentrate (kind of) on the tasks at hand and get things done.

Nights are harder. I miss you more then. I am having a hard time doing all the dinner planning that you were so good at. The kids don't like what I make and it leads to conflicts that we don't need right now. After dinner, they go to their rooms and entertain themselves and I read or watch a DVD. I miss talking to you, so I am doing it now. Sending my love to you in streams of electrons which is probably as good as any a way to reach you.

I know that I am really talking to myself and getting things out through these letters, but it feels good to tell you about the days and what we have been doing.

Today I started on the medical bills. I decided to try to capture it all in a spreadsheet so I can sort the data in different ways to try to make sense of it. I know that you did it mostly in your head, but you were always better than me at that sort of thing. I made it through the easy stuff today. Tomorrow I will get into the parts that you were contesting with the various parties and try to get my head around it.

Well, enough for tonight. I will go back upstairs to our bed and read for a while. Sleep is still a problem though. I miss you and love you.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home